Lead Product Designer
At RecruitBot, we want every person to find the right job, and every company to find the right person. And we want it to be as simple as possible. To do that, we’ve built a team full of exceptionally smart, energetic, and motivated folks who have come together around that shared vision.
We’re an engineering company at heart. We use machine learning, optimization, and automation technologies to make sure our products help our clients source, review, and engage candidates faster than their competition can. Of course, none of that would be possible without having the right team in place to bring those lofty goals to reality.
A number of top tier investors have already invested in RecruitBot, and our customers include some large brands you already know. And when we tell people about what we do, the most common response is “Wow!”, followed by “Why hasn’t anyone built something like that before?”
We don’t really know. But we do know that we’re having a fun time building it now.
- Build deep empathy for our customers via generative user research, usability testing and an understanding of our analytics and customer behaviors;
- Holistically design our product’s end-to-end customer experience, covering everything from the information architecture to its visual aesthetics, as well as our brand identity;
- Thoughtfully consider how to simultaneously delight our customers while also achieving our business objectives;
- Provide a critical voice for the perspective of Product Design when it comes to considering and exploring new products and features, working with other key functions, including Sales, Marketing, Product & Engineering;
- Balance technical feasibility with design/usability adeptly.
You’ll Excel if You…
- You have extensive experience designing holistic products for mobile or web;
- You have extensive experience working with engineers, product managers and other key stakeholders;
- You love to learn and want to be surrounded by people who have different expertise and perspectives from you;
- You have strong prototyping abilities and are motivated by moving quickly and iterating rapidly to validate ideas;
- You enjoy the challenge of balancing the needs of the customer with the practical limitations of what the product can do;
- You’re passionate about customer experience and have strong opinions about products & product design principles;
- You have frameworks you rely on for thinking about how to approach the trade-offs inherent in product design;
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
What’s it like to work at RecruitBot?
Job hunting is an awful experience, and on the other side, filling an open position isn’t much better. So much wasted time and money, so many rejections, so many poor fits. We think RecruitBot can leverage the power of technology to do away with those problems, and build a better world as a result. RecruitBot makes it easy for recruiters to find, prioritize, and reach out to the people they want to hire, by making the process of finding the right talent much easier and more efficient.
We’ve striven to build a warm, inclusive culture where everyone is free to voice their concerns, and big ideas are welcomed and heeded, regardless of their source. We want our team to understand the state of the company as well as they understand the state of the product, and to feel empowered to suggest improvements on every front. We value transparency in our meetings and in our internal communications, and expect everyone to be treated with the utmost respect.
We work very hard to make sure things get done, but we understand that a culture of 80-hour work weeks isn’t just bad for productivity in the long run–it’s also fundamentally inhospitable. Because we value communication so highly, we’re able to schedule a work-from-home day once a week. And if you get sick, we insist you get better at home (and do some work if you can) before coming in to the office.
Above all, we want to hire a team that represents our values and reflects our belief that diversity in all its forms (race, gender, education, and geography) leads to a fresh approach to problem-solving and inspires innovation. If that sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you.
Please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.